Monday, December 28, 2009

Hello King Farm Blog

Wow! It's been quite a while since I've posted on this site. Quite a bit has changed...we now have arena lights! We installed 2 - 1000 Watt lights on the roof of the barn, that shine down onto the arena. It was a bit of an experiment, but it has been a successful one. The light is plentiful in the arena, as well as the surrounding areas. This is a real luxury for me, and any of my boarders who ride in the evening.

We also have a few new horses, Willoughby and Davi. Willoughby, a beautiful chestnut Hanoverian warmblood, belongs to Katie Dougherty, now Kunde,who is a long time student of Ellen Eckstein. Ellen Eckstein is our dressage coach. I met Katie through Ellen and Susan, and she has found herself in Davis for the next year and a half, while her husband goes to school at UC Davis. It has been great fun riding with Katie, as we help remind each other to stay on the correct path in our training, and we've both noticed improvement. She's also helped me out feeding the horses when I've needed it, which is so great. She's just a very nice person overall! Davi's owner, Tessa Moren, is also a connection through Ellen. I don't know Tessa very well, as she just moved her horse over a month ago. But I do look forward to getting to know her. Her horse Davi is very sweet!

The biggest news on the farm is that we've signed our buiding contract, and will start building the granny flat very soon! I will probably high jack this blog to document the process of construction along the way. Be on the lookout!

No comments: